Table Topic Master here, reporting for my duties!
This week, I branched out to a different role at Toastmasters! Who knew being the Table Topic Master is so much fun! I had fun brainstorming ideas! 🙂
Thanks to the impromptu snowstorm this past weekend, today’s topic will be all about snow! I decided to research a bit about snow facts. Here is what I learned:
- The world’s largest snowflake was reported to be 15 inches across and 8 inches thick at Fort Keogh, Montana 129 years ago on Jan 28, 1887!
- Over 76 inches of snow fell within 24 hour period in Silver Lake, Colorado. New York’s 26 inches is nothing!
- Residents of Bethel, Maine, USA built the world’s largest snow woman in 2008! She stands at 122 ft in tall. What a record!
Between my fun facts, I also prepared some questions.
- If you can choose, would you rather stay in Charlotte during Storm Jonas’ visit or hide away elsewhere?
- Describe your favorite childhood winter activity.
- Despite snow is magical, tell us a time when snow was nothing but a nuisance.
The responses were great! I learned quite a few things about our fellow toastmasters. 🙂 … FYI- Don’t stick you tongue out to see if it will stick to a frozen flagpole, the answer is yes, it will.
First time exceeding expectation on all criterias! 🙂